The San Francisco Bay Area has an extreme housing shortage.
This housing shortage is causing unacceptably high home prices and rents. These costs kneecap our ability to save money, force us into crowded conditions, and trap us in jobs and housing conditions that are inadequate. They increase displacement and make it impossible for San Francisco to be an engine of social mobility. We must build housing everywhere in the Bay Area to end this shortage.
Join YIMBY Action and help build more housing!
Learn More About YIMBY:
- Cruel Musical Chairs (Or Why Is Rent So High?) – Sightline Institute
- The High Cost of Free Parking – Vox
- Planet Money: Yes In My Backyard (Podcast) – NPR
- Rise of the YIMBYs – The Guardian
- The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America – Richard Rothstein